October 30th, 2010
Total Distance for today: 0
Total Distance for Trip: approx. 233 miles
Iâ€™ve spent the last week primarily gearing up for my brief return trip to Detroit, MI to meet with the Mayorâ€™s Group Planning Executive about what we are now dubbing the â€œNew Detroit Project.â€
My creative boundaries have been seriously stretched in the past few days, as I am currently working on foundational documents for the following:
1) An Academy for Entrepreneurs and Innovators in Detroit, MI
2) A Global Startup Competition for the City of Detroit
3) An innovative online software tool that will simplify the process of business organization, founding, and growth for startups of the future
1) Creative new solutions for the Freedom Skater Speaking Tour
2) Most importantly: Sweet stick figures in Microsoft Paint!
I have this strange sense that this may be the single most important creative phase of my life, as I am working on founding what will not only be my future, but hopefully, pathways to new futures for countless others. Itâ€™s very strange: Up until this point in my life, I have worked on projects that were less than 1/1000th the scope of the projects Iâ€™m helping to found now, yet I remember those projects (especially during undergrad) feeling so much more exhausting than this. I feel like a bulldozer that will not stop until it has laid a clear path through the wilderness. I have more focus now than at any moment in my life. Thereâ€™s something going on here, and I think itâ€™s important.
I hope that you will find that passion within your own life toward which you can move with impossible resolve. I don’t want you to move with energy and action: I want you to become energy and action.